Friday, April 18, 2008

YES!



I just finished reading Gluten Free Girl by Shauna James Ahern, and all i can say is Yes, Yes, Yes! Shauna writes about a way of life that is all about finding the yes answers. Instead of letting her gluten intolerance destroy her world (can you imagine never again being able to eat bread, soy sauce, boca burgers, or drink beer??? ) Shauna has learned to live more fully, more adventurously, and much, much, more deliciously!
Her words are powerful, her message simple. Her recipes make me drool, and her mantra of Yes, Yes, Yes inspires me:
I want to learn how to slow down and just appreciate: the spring air, the act of living. I want to learn how to make more whole foods with my own hands. I want to discover more tastes and textures.
But most of all:
I want to learn how to view life and all of its difficulties (from Celiac Disease to low self esteem, to having a bad case of "senioritis") as opportunities, not obstacles.
Thank you Shauna.

No comments: